Quality of Care Concerns
QIOs, under their contracts with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), work to ensure people with Medicare receive the best care possible.
If you have a Quality of Care concern:
If you have a concern about the quality of care provided in Maine, New Hampshire or Vermont to you or someone else who is a Medicare beneficiary, call Northeast Health Care Quality Foundation at 1-800-772-0151 or call 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227) or 1-877-486-2048 (TTY/TDD). You may also mail the Medicare Quality of Care Complaint Form to NHCQF at 15 Old Rollinsford Rd. Suite 302, Dover, NH 03820 or fax it to 603-749-1195.
Your concerns can be about care provided by:
- Skilled Nursing/Rehabilitation Facilities
- Home Health Agencies
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Community Mental Health Centers
Examples of issues that can be reviewed:
- Were all necessary health care services provided to the patient?
- Did the health care services provided meet recognized standards of quality?
- Were medical services provided in the most appropriate health care setting, such as an inpatient hospital stay, outpatient department or a skilled nursing facility?
- Was the patient medically stable at the time of discharge?